What in the world is ozone therapy and how can it help my pet?
Medical ozone increases oxygen levels in the cells, which helps many conditions in pets and people. Ozone is anti-inflammatory and decreases pain and swelling. Ozone is safe and administered by a trained medical professional.
Ozone has been used medically for over 50 yrs in European countries such as Germany, Italy and Russia. It has very few side effects and will kill antibiotic resistant bacteria, viruses and yeast. Ozone is a naturally occurring element and economical to produce and administer.
Ozone works by increasing oxygen utilization in the cells. Dr Arthur Guyton said "All chronic pain, suffering and diseases are caused by a lack of oxygen at the cellular level."
When ozone enters the cell it triggers a series of intracellular processes that lead to:
* Improving oxygen utilization in the cells
* Stimulating the immune system
* Improving circulation
* Decreasing inflammation
* Stimulation of anti-oxidant pathways
* Death of bacteria, viruses and yeast
* Increases apoptosis of cancer cells and provides an oxygen-rich environment that cancer cells have a hard time living in
* Increasing ATP = Increased energy for cells
Ozone therapy can benefit a number of medical problems such as:
* Pain from arthritis, back or neck problems, hip dysplasia
* Antibiotic resistant infections (MRSA)
* Chronic infections like skin infections (pyoderma), ear infections
* Lyme disease or other tick- born diseases like Ehrlichia and Anaplasma
* Viral infections like Feline Leukemia (FELV), Feline AIDS (FIV), Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP)
* Degenerative Myelopathy
* Cancer of any type
* Inflammatory Bowel Disease
* Immune mediated diseases like Immune mediated hemolytic anemia (IMHA)
* Dental problems like gingivitis, stomatitis, chronic periodontitis
Dr Judy McBeth has been trained in Ozone therapy by O3Vets.
For more information on Ozone therapy please check out our website www.Foxridgevet.com or call us at (630) 859-0471