Medical Ozone Therapy
What is Medical Ozone therapy?
Ozone is a naturally occurring atmospheric gas. It's medical benefits have been used for hundreds of years in Germany and other European countries. Medical Ozone increases oxygen utilization in the body. It also reduces pain, swelling and inflammation allowing your pet to heal naturally with very few side effects.
Ozone acts in several ways::
* Decreases bruising, swelling and inflammation
* Decreases pain
* Kills bacteria, fungi, viruses and yeast
* Increases ATP - the energy of cells
* Increases antioxidant production
* Increases oxygen for cells
* Stimulates the immune system to fight infections
* Potentiates acupuncture, chiropractic and other modalities by bringing more needed oxygen to the body.
"All chronic pain, suffering and disease are caused by lack of oxygen at the cell level" Dr Arthur S. Guyton
Medical Condition Ozone is used to treat:
* Skin conditions like pyoderma (skin infection), hot spots, lick granuloma, allergic dermatitis, deep wounds, degloving injuries, burns, peri-anal fistula
* Chronic infections like Feline Leukemia, FIV, FIP, Upper respiratory infections, Lyme Disease, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma
* Spinal Injuries like Intervertebral Disk Disease (IVDD), Spinal stroke, Degenerative Myelopathy
* Musculoskeletal conditions like Osteoarthritis, DJD, Torn cruciate ligament, Hip dysplasia, Elbow dysplasia
* Autoimmune Diseases like Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia (IMHA), Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia (IMTP)
* Ear infections
* Antibiotic Resistant Infections (MRSA)
* Dental conditions like Stomatitis, Gingivitis
* Eye problems like corneal ulcers, conjunctivitis
* Gastrointestinal conditions like Campylobacter, Clostridium Diff., Salmonella, Parvovirus, Pancreatitis
* Kidney Failure
" Ozone stimulates and stabilizes rather than suppressing biological functions.... Ozone itself does not produce the healing effect. Instead it induces the body's innate healing mechanisms to create healing effects. Thus, unlike medications and herbs it can be successfully used in essentially every medical condition regardless of the diagnosis." Dr Frank Shallenberger
How is Ozone Given?
We offer Ozonated SQ fluids, Ozonated Saline flush, Ozone Ointment , Ozone Rectal insufflation and Limb bagging.
To learn more about Ozone check out these links:
WWW.O3vets.com - Evidence page